Between March and October 2019, there will be 9 events of surfing, stand up paddle and long board in the beaches of Porto and Matosinhos. It is the fourth edition of the Wave Series that is promoted by two City Councils: Oporto and Matosinhos. These are mainly local events, but they tend to be very relevant to bring the crowds to the beaches, as more than 30,000 people are expected.
Some of the most relevant dates are:
- 9th and 10th March – Rip Curl Grom Search
- 16th and 17th March – North Surfing Championship
- 4th and 5th May – Log Surf Fest / Invitational Sup Wave / National Championship
- 11th and 12th May – Surf Family Challenge / Surf’n’dogs
- 17th till 19th May – Renault Porto Pro
- 5th and 6th October – Groms Trophy
If you are into surfing or surfing related activities, then these are opportunities you cannot miss.